I am the dehydrated woman. Long story short, I didn’t pay attention to the signs and here I am with very but very VERY dry skin, broken nails and Hagrid-like hair.
I have plenty of time in my hands these days so I have decided to take some measures.
I started few days ago with drinking as much water as possible. Needless to say I am doing wee wee every other 10 minutes. After each wee I have another glass of water. And so on.
I must have had about seven litres of water in two days but no change in my complexion. My face was still absorbing layer after layer of cream, just like a sponge.
Ok then, time to add up more fruits and veggies to my diet, I thought. The past few days I have been living on cucumbers (one a day), grapefruit (two a day), apples (three to five a day), grapes (a Tesco package a day), cherry tomatoes, broccoli and salmon. And water. With no visible changes in my complexion, obviously.
Today I have decided that enough is enough and if the food doesn’t get from my tummy to my face then I should serve the food directly to my face. And there I went.
1. I washed my face thoroughly.
2. I mixed honey and sugar.
3. I applied the mixture on my face. I left it on for 15 minutes, while I drank water, did wee wee and drank water. After the 15 minutes passed I washed it off carefully, rubbing it gently at the same time (sugar it’s a great exfoliator), did more wee, drank more water and moved to the next step.
4. I sliced a whole cucumber thinking to apply half of it on my face and eat the other half. But…10 minutes after the cucumber slices were on my face, they were completely dry. I postponed the eating, drank some water and applied a second batch of cucumbers. And so on, three times until I finished the cucumbers. I drank water in between applications. Half an hour later, with a full bladder and a slightly hydrated skin, I went to the bathroom. Wee first, washed face second.
5. I applied cream (Avene for dry skin), which my skin absorbed with much thirst, I applied again and so on, four times.
6. I asked for advice on social media, did some research on Internet and went to Boots to buy E45.
I got the small one, 50 ml, for £2,99. It seems to be working for now, one layer is enough and doesn’t leave any trail of grease on my skin.
I will keep with the new diet for a while, I might lower the water quantity though, as I feel like I am practically living in the loo. I will stop wearing skin foundation for a few days and keep fingers and toes crossed for improvement. Dry skin is itchy, looks dull and it’s annoying.
Please do tell me about how you treat dry skin and hair. I’d love to hear about your solutions.
And now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go do a wee and bath myself in olive oil (sort of).